Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Sketchbook Pages (1)

...the studio is certainly blooming this year...not only with the constant flow of the floral hoardings I find for The Linen Garden shop but it is rich in ideas with personal visual seeds being sown, collaborations, mentoring and commissioned projects

...a more 'allowed' free spirited approach is starting to nestle - which has pleased me...a direction that I have wanted to follow for some time but commitments and ties and needing to 'work for a living' 'has' to take front seat...

I am committing a day or possibly two a week to a rooted project...a personal project...to just be indulgent...to draw and paint...to write...to collate...to stitch...to document...to collage...to discuss...to search for answers...to research the new...re-visit the old.... no particular deadline...just simply - 'the sketchbook pages'....

some I will keep secret...some I will share....but I want to develop a richer pattern in my posting here and this seems like a good place to start....no explanation (maybe a token few words)...just images....

here are the first .......an obsession I have had for many a year to the reverse of a print (and embroidery - but that will arrive later)











2 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS look at the reverse of fabrics - these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the backs of embroideries too xxxxxx

      Delete