Friday 24 April 2015

flower beds

I love how Spring brings a sense of calm to me...the new, the looking forward, the uncertainty of the journey of the year, notebooks and sketchbooks filled with new ideas nurtured during the colder months start to hatch, and colour.  The colour in my work, the colour in my house, the sea being blue not grey, the woods brimming with glittering fresh green, and generally the lovely natural light shines through the windows and makes this colour rich studio come even more alive.

Every spring I like to make my flower bed brooches.  I only make a series of them at one time.....each one a one-off creation....sewn at leisure, stitched with love.  Perfect for adorning your Summer cardigan or pinning to a ribbon around a vase....all arriving in the shop next week.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. leather sleep sofa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky,

    The flowers in your flower bed brooches are magnificent. I too am a crafty hoarder of beautiful supplies and creations.

    I have a disabled left arm and I think this may be something I'd like to play with. I'd like to ask a few questions to see if I'm going to be able to use your techniques.

    Do you hand cut the fabric?
    Do you hand paint the fabric?

    I completely understand if you consider your techniques something you don't want to share. My questions come from curiosity and my delight in learning new crafts.

    Kind regards,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete